There are 10 everyday expenses that can be paid for with pretax dollars.
When you make eligible purchases, Alice updates your paycheck so you pay less in taxes. This step makes sure you don't pay income taxes when you pay for these items and services. By reducing your taxes with Alice, your take home pay goes up.
Employees should considering enrolling if they make purchases in any of the following categories:
- Mass-transit (train, subway, ferry, etc)
- Parking (street parking, garages, etc)
- Ride-sharing (UberPool, Lyft, Via, Chariot, van pooling)*
- Child care (daycare, nannies, some pre-school)
- Adult care (includes transportation costs)
- Day Camp (summer, before school, after school)
- Eye care (glasses, contacts, vision exam, etc)
- Dental care (cleanings, x-rays, procedures)
- Medical expenses (doctor co-pays, coinsurance, etc)
- Prescriptions (mail order, pharmacy, etc)