All W-2 employees are eligible for pretax spending.
Pretax benefits must be offered by your employer in order for employees to use it.
Employees should consider enrolling if they make purchases in any of the following categories:
- Mass-transit (train, subway, ferry, etc)
- Parking (street parking, garages, etc)
- Ride-sharing (UberPool)
- Child care (daycare, nannies, some pre-school)
- Adult care (includes transportation costs)
- Day Camp (summer, before school, after school)
- Eye care (glasses, contacts, vision exam, etc)
- Dental care (cleanings, x-rays, procedures)
- Medical expenses (doctor co-pays, coinsurance, etc)
- Prescriptions (mail order, pharmacy, etc)